NUST Shirt Auction
- Individuals or businesses can bid for the giant shirt by means of closed bids through email.
- Bidding closes at 3pm (15.00 hrs) on Monday 4th April 2011.
TOTAL AMOUNT OF YOUR BID (GBP £)
- NUST will reply to the bidder's email within 48 hours requesting further details (please see terms and conditions) and confirmation that the bidder has read and accepts the auction terms and conditions.
- Upon the bidder replying to this email with all the required information the bid will be deemed to be accepted by NUST and a confirmation email will be sent with 48hrs to the bidder to confirm the validation of the bid.
Terms and Conditions for NUST Shirt Auction
1. For legal reasons, this auction is only open to bidders who are aged at least 18 years old (and who are able to form legally binding contracts).
3. All bidders will be sent an email requesting further information that they must reply in order to validate their bid.
4. In the validation email all bidders must indicate that they have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the auction and provide the following information:
a) FIRST NAME:
c) TOTAL AMOUNT OF YOUR BID (GBP £):
d) DATE OF BIRTH (DD/MM/YYYY):
e) HOME ADDRESS INCLUDING POSTCODE:
f) BUSINESS ADDRESS INCLUDING POSTCODE (IF APPLICABLE):
g) EMAIL ADDRESS:
h) CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER:
“I confirm that, in the event of me placing a successful bid in the Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust Shirt Auction, I will make payment in full of the bid amount (within the agreed time frame) and arrange to pick up my prize (or pay for any postage costs incurred). “
“I confirm and accept that in sending this email and submitting this bid that I agree to comply with all the terms and conditions of the auction and the Northern Rock conditions of purchase.”
5. Only bids where these terms and conditions have been met will the bid be submitted into the auction.
6. IMPORTANT DEADLINE NOTICE: Bidding closes at 3 pm (15.00hrs) on Monday 4th April 2011. Any bids received after that time will be rejected.
7. No liability or responsibility will be accepted for any bids which are not received by the auction organisers (NUST).
8. The winner will be identified and notified by phone call and email within 48 hours of the auction closing using the contact details they have provided.
Bidders must ensure that they provide valid contact details.
9. If a successful bidder does not acknowledge such phone call or email messages from the auction organisers (NUST) then the auction organisers
(NUST) reserve the right to contact another bidder in the auction and to offer the auction item to them instead.
10. Bidders, by entering the auction, are agreeing (and will be deemed to have agreed) that they cannot and will not:
a) enter this auction unless they are aged at least 18 years old (and are able to form legally binding contracts);
b) commit to buy the auction item without paying for it;
c) bid with no serious intention of buying (due to the unique nature of the prize involved, insincere bidding is not permitted); and
d) bid for the auction item unless they meet the organisers (NUST) terms as outlined, or bid or buy with the intention of disrupting the auction
11. The auction organisers (NUST) will not enter into any correspondence or contact with bidders, other than the email acknowledgment / bid confirmation and correspondence in relation to notification to the successful bidder at the end of the auction.
12. No liability or responsibility will be accepted for any bids which are not received by the auction organisers.
13. All proceeds from the auction will to go to Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust (NUST) for the purpose of funding a Junior Supporters’ Trust
14. Unless otherwise agreed, the auction item must be collected in person at a time confirmed with the auction organisers (NUST).
15. Full payment via cash or cheque* must be received prior to (cheque) or at the point of collection (cash). Payment by postal order will not be accepted.
16. Failure to provide full payment within 2 weeks of notification of a successful bid will result in the rejection of the winning bid.
17. All auction item details are correct at time of auction and are auctioned in good faith. The NUST takes no responsibility for circumstances beyond their control which may alter the nature or perceived value of the Shirt.
18. The auction organisers (NUST) reserve the right to keep the auction item if the reserve price is not met.
19. The decision of the auction organisers (NUST) is final and will be made in good faith.
20. The auction organisers (NUST) reserve the right to cancel, close or extend the auction at our discretion.
* It is possible to pay via BACS, but if you choose this option, please discuss this with a member of the NUST Board who can advise if/how this is possible. Once payment has been received, it may be possible to make alternative collection arrangements with the Trust. However, any postage costs incurred must be covered by the successful bidder.
Northern Rock conditions of purchase
I. The giant shirt is available for purchase by an individual or company (The Buyer).
II. Once purchased the giant shirt will be the physical property of The Buyer. The title in the giant shirt remains the property of the Newcastle United Football Company Limited.
III. If the shirt is intended for public rather than private use a description of the proposed usage must be provided to the Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST), Newcastle United Football Company Limited and Northern Rock for their approval prior to its display for each and every proposed public use.
IV. The following details will need to be provided to at least one month prior to any planned public use: purpose of display, start and finish date of display, location and details of any intended promotion around display plus any other relevant information.
V. The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) will coordinate the approval process.
VI. Feedback will be provided within 14 days of the request for approval.VII. If approval is not granted the giant shirt may not be used for the public use outlined in the request. Failure to comply with this decision is a material breach of the Conditions of Purchase and may result in legal action.